pregnancy can cause women to crave for a certain kind of food and drinks. so far, it is important for women to observe food and drink restrictions, particularly during pregnancy. pregnant women are supposed to refrain from such food and drinks to ensure that both she and her child are safe and healthy. This is because diet and life style have a major function in determining the health of the mother and the child.
Although health services global are advanced enough to ensure that the woman has a convention pregnancy and delivery. Yet, women are generally advised to monitor what they eat or drink as some drinks can have a deleterious effect on the childâ€™s health either due to the type of toast itself or due to the contents present in such drinks.
Bạn đang đọc: 8 Drinks That Can Cause Abortion
We all know the miscarriage is besides called a spontaneous abortion, which means an abrupt goal of pregnancy often leading to the death of the fetus.
Causes For Abortion
- Hormonal defects
- Infections during pregnancy
- Alcohol or cigarette smoking can cause miscarriage in early pregnancy
- Trauma during pregnancy
- Maternal age over 30 years
Drinks That Can Cause Abortion
Alcohol is known to cause serious impairments to health flush in a normal adult. It will surely have worse effects on the beget and child if consumed during pregnancy. The inaugural and foremost direction given by obstetricians to a fraught woman is to refrain from consuming alcohol.
Reasons To Avoid Alcohol During Pregnancy
- Alcohol is capable of causing miscarriage during early months of pregnancy
- When a woman consumes alcohol during pregnancy, it can pass to the fetus through the placenta. It can affect the fetus in the following ways:
- Stillbirth (when the child is delivered in a dead condition)
- IUGR (intra-uterine growth retardation)
- Physical and mental disabilities
- Low IQ after birth and behavioral abnormalities
- The child may be born with functional abnormalities
- Abnormalities in organ functioning
- Learning disabilities and delayed milestones
- Attention deficit
According to researchers, pregnant women who are heavy chocolate drinkers are at a gamble for spontaneous abortion. On average, two cups of coffee contain 200mg caffeine which can be potentially dangerous for a fraught woman .
Reasons To Avoid Caffeine During Pregnancy
- The rate of metabolism in a pregnant woman is lower than that of a nonpregnant female.
- Caffeine can reach the fetus via the placenta. Since the organs of the fetus are less developed, elimination of caffeine is a slow process.
- High caffeine can also cause hormonal changes which in turn affect the growth and development of fetus inside the womb.
- Caffeine during pregnancy is commonly linked with a low birth weight of the baby on delivery.
Researchers have concluded that consuming energy drinks during pregnancy can have a veto impingement on the newborns and should be treated as a serious health problem .
Reasons To Avoid Energy Drinks During Pregnancy
- Energy drinks contain around 80-150mg caffeine. The risk of abortion rises in proportion to the amount of caffeine consumed.
- Energy drinks also contain sodium. Pregnant women are supposed to have a salt-restricted diet as it can cause the body to retain fluid and increases swelling around the ankles.
- Energy drinks contain a generous quantity of sugars. Pregnant women who fall under the category of high risk need to consult their doctor before consuming energy drinks.
fraught women are instructed to avoid pineapple or pineapple juice at it contains an component called bromelain.
Reasons To Avoid Pineapple Juice During Pregnancy
- Bromelain present in pineapples softens the cervix and causes it to contract to result in miscarriage.
Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera is known for its numerous health benefits. so far, it is better to avoid consuming aloe vera juice during pregnancy. It is safe to use aloe vera mousse locally during pregnancy.
Reasons To Avoid Aloe Vera Juice During Pregnancy
- Aloe vera contains anthraquinones which have a laxative effect.
- This content of aloe vera may also cause uterine contractions during pregnancy pelvic bleeding resulting in premature delivery or miscarriage.
body of water is broadly allowed during pregnancy ; although it is a impression that boiling water reduces pathogens from water .
Reasons To Avoid Hot Water During Pregnancy
- Hot water is high in minerals which can pass through the placenta and reach the fetus.
- High mineral content in water is harmful to the child and can cause miscarriage.
Raw Dairy Products
Reasons To Avoid Raw Dairy Products During Pregnancy
- Unpasteurized milk contains bacteria like Listeria monocytogenes which may cause infection during pregnancy.
Certain fruits and their seeds have properties to cause uterine contractions and finally cause miscarriage. such fruits and their juices must be avoided :
Xem thêm: 12 Tips to Make Healthy Salad Dressings
Along with these drinks above, there is besides a tilt of foods that should be avoided to reduce the risk of spontaneous abortion, such as :
- Undercooked crabs and seafood
- Sesame seeds
- Animal liver and liver oil
- Fish rich in mercury such a tuna, mackerel, shark, swordfish, etc.
- Processed meat such as sausages, stuffed meat, minced meat,
- Undercooked meat or fish
- Eggs and egg products like mayonnaise, mousse, soufflÃ© or smoothies containing raw eggs
- Unwashed vegetables
- Certain spices such as asafetida, garlic, peppermint, cinnamon, and fenugreek
pregnancy is an highly crucial phase for each woman. Every womanhood desires to have a normal pregnancy and deliver a healthy child. To achieve this, it is significant for meaning women to observe and follow the above mentioned dietary restrictions. This not only enables a woman to have a normal pregnancy but besides works beneficially to maintain a by and large healthy discipline.
It is besides significant to consult the doctor regarding the safety of consuming herbal medications and supplements during pregnancy. This is because high or unmonitored doses of herb can have a negative effect on pregnancy and the fetus.