I don ’ thyroxine know about you, but after this week, I can truly use a weekend .
A relaxing one.
This was the first week that we ’ ve had in a while with a moment more un-scheduled meter .
That “ free ” time meant one thing… catch up clock time. family chores, short projects that had been started and never finished, and heading external now that it ’ randomness finally warm adequate to start thinking about our yard and ( hopefully ) garden. It was one of those weeks that had us constantly on the belong, getting planned and un-planned tasks taken manage of left and right .
( Like an ad lib travel to the hardware shop after finding out deer have been making a midnight bite of our baby berry plants. not cool deer, in truth not cool. )
It ’ randomness decent to look binding on a week like this and see the fruits of everything that we accomplished, but right now I good want a scene from a comfortable seat, possibly with a footstool, drink in hand, without having to worry about what “ to do ” is coming due adjacent .
While I ’ m not sure what any of that very has to do with this pizza, I can tell you that I am loving pizza as an easy Friday night dinner. Can you tell ?
We ’ ve had Breakfast Pizza, Roasted Zucchini Pizza, and Chicken Teriyaki Pizza .
But, that ’ s not the pizza we ’ rhenium talking about today .
Mango BBQ Chicken Pizza With Mango Barbecue Sauce
today is mango and barbecue good .
We love barbecue chicken pizza, and today, mangoes are making everything good a little sugared .
This mango barbecue chicken pizza not lone shows off chunks of bright and cheery mangoes on the crown, but it besides has a sweet and lemony homemade mango barbecue sauce slathered under all the toppings .
Homemade barbecue sauce is not unmanageable to make, and while the tilt of ingredients might look long, it very only takes 10-15 minutes to make. And, it can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until you are ready to use it .
But, beware .
You might want to make extra sauce, because this mango barbeque sauce is quite addict !
here ’ south to a relaxing weekend !
from 1 vote
Mango BBQ Chicken Pizza
Sweet mango barbeque sauce adds the perfect partake to this Mango BBQ Chicken Pizza. Yeild : 1 ( 12 inch ) pizza
– 3 people
For the Mango Barbecue Sauce (Yield: 1/3 c of sauce)
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 Tbsp crimson onion , chopped ( ½ of a small onion )
tsp garlic powder
- ½ c fresh mango, chopped little ( 1/3 of a big mango )
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ c water
- 1 Tbsp brown university boodle
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp mustard powderize
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1 smash cayenne
For the Mango BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 ( 12 inch ) par-baked pizza crust
- 1 c cooked chicken breast, chopped into 1/2 ” chunks
- ¾ c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 c mango, chopped ( the rest of your bombastic mango from the sauce above )
- 1 small crimson onion, sliced thin
For the Sauce
Heat butter in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes until soft. Add remaining sauce ingredients and mix well. Bring to a summer, stirring occasionally.
- Using a potato wolf, gently mash the sauce to break up the chunks of mango and reduce the sauce to a closely undifferentiated consistency .
- sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated until using .
Putting it all together
- Preheat oven to 400F .
- peak your par-baked pizza crust with roughly 1/3 c sauce .
- Layer chunked chicken over sauce .
- Sprinkle cheese over the chicken .
- top with mango chunks and red onion rings .
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cheese is aureate .
Sarah is one of Curious Cuisiniere ’ s founding duet. Her love for cultural cuisines was instilled early by her french canadian Grandmother. Her experience in the kitchen and in recipe exploitation comes from years working in professional kitchens. She has traveled extensively and enjoys bringing the flavors of her travels rear to create easy-to-make recipes .